My Blog List

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Heaven

Heaven is dying to self and opening up completely to God being born again from above.  The sufferings we endure in life helps us do this.  Therefore, suffering in this way can be a good thing. 

It is generally presumed, at least among those who believe in God and the afterlife, that everyone naturally wants to go to heaven.

But of course, “Heaven” is usually understood in a sort of self-defined way. In other words heaven is a paradise of my own design, the place is perfect as I think perfect should be. Yes, for most people, their conception of heaven is merely what they think it should be, and this usually includes things like: golf courses, seeing my relatives and friends, there are my own self-selected pleasures, and the absence of struggles such as losing a job or saying farewell.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment