My Blog List

Thursday, November 26, 2015

True Self

In a new one, Imagine Heaven, by Christian researcher John Burke, the important point is made that when we die, we meet many people we knew during our time on earth, especially deceased loved ones. Some say we meet ancestors going back to the beginning of time. But the first person we meet, besides the Lord, is our true selves.
Says a woman named Crystal, who "coded" due to complications from pancreatitis and "left her body" for nine minutes:
"Unlike earth, where I was plagued by doubts and fears, in Heaven there was nothing but absolute certainty about who I was. This was a far more complete representation of my spirit and my heart and my being than was ever possible on earth, a far deeper self-awareness than the collection of hopes and fears and dreams and scars that defined me during my life. I was flooded with self-knowledge, and all the junk that cluttered my identity on earth instantly fell away, revealing, for the first time ever, the real me. 'Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you,' God says in Jeremiah  1:5. And now I knew myself. Imagine that -- the first person we meet in Heaven is ourselves."
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment