My Blog List

Sunday, January 6, 2013

St. Gemma

LEARN to suffer.  St. Gemma once said, “If you really want to love Jesus, first learn to suffer, because suffering teaches you to love.”

Interesting.  Suffering to some can be valuable.  She goes on to state:
“…Jesus in His infinite charity continued His graces and favors to me. One day He said to me lovingly: 'Daughter, what should I say to you, when in your doubts, your sufferings and your adversities, you think of going to others rather than coming to Me, and you seek alleviation and comfort other than Mine.'

"I knew that I deserved these reproofs, nevertheless I continued as usual, and Jesus rebuked me again saying, "Gemma, do you realize that you are offending Me when in your great need you come to Me last, after other creatures who cannot give you consolation? I suffer, My daughter, when I see that you forget Me.'

This last reproof sufficed and served to detach me from every creature in order to turn myself to our Creator." "It is true Jesus, if I think of what I have gone through as a child and now as a grown up girl I see that I have always had crosses to bear; But oh! how wrong are those who say that suffering is a misfortune!"
 

Go to Jesus in the Eucharist during times of suffering.

Suffering teaches you to love

No comments:

Post a Comment